Thursday 25 February 2010

Module WSB 3835 Project Planning and Development

Research Methods module, What is it?

This is an important module because it is a key part of the WBL programme. It is designed to equip me when undertaking a work-based project of a research and development nature.

What does the module focus on?

The module focuses on project planning, design and the identification and the use of an appropriate research approach and specific research techniques suitable for my proposed project.

Major outcomes

A major outcome of this module will be that I will have assembled my own research portfolio. This will equip me in a practical way and help me carry out the project component of my project as well as help me become more effective at work through the development of research related skills.

So what is research?

A “systematic investigation to establish facts or principles or to collect information on a subject” http://www.thefreedictionary.com/research

What do I need to do for this module?

Learn about research and ways to collect information
Learn how to plan my time
Experiment with possible project titles
Learn about ethical practices
Decide research project and possible avenues to write about
Choose degree title and give justification

Things to consider when choosing the title for the project

What do you need to find out?
Why will that make a difference to your work and career?
What impact will it have on your job, your work colleagues, and the sector in which you work?
Can you disseminate what you find out anywhere?
Will your project have some sort of impact?
Are you going to develop some new service? A new product? A learning resource?

So what next?

I need to develop some ideas for titles for my project and write down the advantages and disadvantages of the titles. Once I have narrowed them down I then need to think of all the relevant questions relevant to the title and ways to get information for my project.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one abbi, i figured most of the things written in the module the same, its like u read my mind and you wrote it down.

    the only thing i really found confusing as getting information for the project so the question is what is your project gonna be is it the same title as the research or what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont fully understand what you were getting at in the comment. Do you mean is the research that we have to do the same for the project?

    ReplyDelete