Thursday 25 February 2010

Research Methods Learning diary 2

Over the past few months I have learnt so much on my course at Middlesex and its starting to come to light that all of the previous tasks are the foundations for the final module The Project.

Over the past few months I have learnt how to set up a blog to represent me and my work, it has also connected me to my peers and tutors. I have produced and advertised my CV to inform others of my training and my goals/dreams. I have learned how to express my interests and those who inspire me and why. I now know about the Kolb theory something I had never heard of before and to understand what it was I researched it to broaden my knowledge thus helping me with my current module as it’s something I have experienced doing before. I know that on a daily basis I use the Kolb Theory to make things work better and now I evaluate my work more frequently.

The most significant work to help benefit this module and my project is the writing styles as I have learnt how to write academically which will be the main style of writing for my project, learning the Harvard way to reference will be required for significant information. I know how to market something which may benefit me if say for instance i want to market some of my new classes. I know how to write a good descriptive piece of writing and have learnt that this is my favourite style of writing. The need to market work and the use of descriptive writing may be required as part of my research dependent upon my project title.

During the course I have had to reflect and analyse my work which is not something I used to do, I have had to take into account comments and critique from my peers in order to improve it which was very valuable. I’ve also learnt that my comments to my peers are very valuable for them and can improve their work and felt I did this very well. I learnt that appropriate and useful feedback is vital for improvement.

Everything I have learnt will benefit me in one way or another especially for the next few months ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad your feeling better, It must be hard trying to get everything done or to even think about it when your ill. You have done well though to get the work done and get yourself to Paula to find out about the module.

    Thankyou, i am happy to know ive helped. How are you finding this module has it sunk in? It took me a week or so but i understand it now, if theres anything else you want to know or ask as sometimes the way someone else put's it can make it make sense a little more.

    You should get the bell book i have found it really useful :-)

    ReplyDelete