Sunday 21 February 2010

Research Methods Learning diary 1 (16th Feb 2010)

Campus Session 16th February 2010 at Cat Hill Campus was extremely helpful this week. This is my first campus session since the induction day, so to put some faces to all the people that I have been reading about and leaving comments for on from the previous tasks was nice. It was also good to meet Rosemary who is extremely enthusiastic about the course and the whole blogging thing!

I like many my other fellow BAPP buddies was very overwhelmed when reading the course handbook and even contacted my advisor Peter about it before the session. He explained that it’s about learning how to research for a project so when we have learnt how to research we can put in place everything we know for the final module (actually doing the project). After the session everything started to fall into place, I just have to keep reminding myself that it’s how to research NOT doing the research.

In order to learn how to research I have to think about what I would like to research or what I would like to find out. It was often mentioned that trying to find out something that you don’t know would be a good starting point, and to try and base the title of your project on something you want to know about, are interested in or want to bring attention to. I have many ideas of titles for my project and as I am going to be learning about different methods of research and my project over the next year it needs to be something I will really enjoy writing about. My only worries are most likely to be the same as others and that is that I won’t have enough solid information and that my title will not be interesting to read.

So, now I have grasped the concept of the module I am looking forward to putting some notes together on my chosen three titles to see which one I feel has the most content and the most interesting to find out about.

No comments:

Post a Comment