Tuesday 23 March 2010

Research methods learning diary 5 (16th March 2010)

Not being able to attend the campus sessions is really frustrating as I almost feel like I have to do double the work by reading lots of other blogs to find out what was covered in the actual session and then my own research. I am unable to make the sessions as I have a performance to choreograph on May day and have been sent to a high school to teach a short dance to country music. This is a very big challenge as the school is known for its behaviour issues and the children often have poor attendance. To keep me on track I have looked at Sophie Gilbert’s blog http://sophiejgilbert.blogspot.com as she is very detailed in her work and this has helped me greatly.

I am now starting to make notes all of the research methods and will be posting research on Interviews, Questionnaires and Observations in my next post. I do feel more confident that I understand the meaning, advantages and disadvantages of all the different research methods. This is soon to help me start to consider which methods of research will be best suited to my chosen topic on “People’s perceptions about Pole Dancing as a recognised sport”. It will be important to consider all the research methods that are appropriate for my topic to gain the possible answers. It is therefore important to use the correct research tool not only to get these answers but also to use the time needed on collecting the necessary information.
I will continue to make notes and post my research methods that I think will be appropriate/inappropriate, helpful/unhelpful and why shortly. This will be the stepping stone towards my research proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment