Friday 7 May 2010

Award Rationale

My Rationale for my award title

The award title I would like to receive is a BA Honours in

Professional Practice (Human Movement & Education)

The study of Human Movement traditionally incorporates areas of Physiology (living systems), Psychology, Biomechanics (analysis of athletes) but also includes other topics such as Diet, Nutrition and Performance analysis.

There are a number of influences that have helped me to determine my choice of award title. I have thought about all my previous qualifications, knowledge and work experience. I have considered my highest previous qualification which is a Trinity National Diploma in Musical Theatre. I obtained this award after I studied at the Northern Ballet School for three years and gained this rewarding qualification when graduating in July 2004.

I then went onto Preston College where I studied my Foundation in Dance Instruction award and my Certificate in Dance Education in Modern Dance and Ballet qualification. To complete these I had extensive learning of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance syllabus, I was required to demonstrate understanding and learning of Health & Safety and Lifespan Development. I had to demonstrate my capability of teaching my chosen genres (Ballet & Modern Dance) considering different abilities and conduct a class in front of an examiner. Upon completion this now means I am qualified to teach people how to dance and educate them about the dance environment whilst entering people for exams.

Upon completion of my dance qualifications I teach children/students and adults how to dance, I have choreographed many dances for performances using my experience from the Ballet school, I have educated A-Level Dance students from a Grammar School about the dance environment and entered many children and students for exams where they have all gained extremely good results because of my dance knowledge. I have also been working for Monarch education recruitment for four months where I am a teaching assistant, I educate children and assist teachers in primary schools all over Manchester.

Whilst studying these dance qualifications I also completed an A-Level in Physical Education, I have always loved sport from an early age and played for all the sports teams at school, however it was whilst studying the A-Level where I became really interested in sport history, diet and nutrition. During the two years I learned about sport promotion, sport performance, sports science and sport psychology all of which I use my knowledge and experience when teaching.

My proposed project title is another influence for my chosen award title. I wish to study “The public’s perceptions on Pole Dancing as a Sport”. I will be using my work experience, knowledge and previous qualifications to help me to study this. I feel that my project and previous experience and qualifications are related to Human Movement. Human Movement is a related scientific discipline that studies human movement in all contexts including that of sport.

I have strongly considered my title award as after my degree I wish to do my Postgraduate Certificate in Education. I feel that my award title is justified by my past experiences, my present professional work and research and my future aspirations, goals and qualifications.

1 comment:

  1. Great, well mine was prospone quick question again, whart was activities 1, 2, and 7 i really need a big help on this

    ReplyDelete