Tuesday 20 October 2009

Links of interest-Broadway New York





I went to New York with my best friend Sarah in August 2006 for a month. Whilst we were there we lived in hostels all around Manhattan, we traveled by Subway and always ended up in Times Square.

Times Square is addictive, the bright lights and the buzz of the streets is electrifying. Seeing the billboards highlighting all the musicals on all the stages made us so excited we couldn’t keep still.
Whilst there we saw many musicals and I took pictures of all of the ones we saw.

I loved all of them, Spamalot was new to Broadway whilst we were there and it was brilliant, very funny and all about the English! But my most favored would have to be the Lion King at the Minskoff theatre.

I love to watch shows, they motivate, excite and give me ideas for my own choreography. I have seen some excellent shows from local dance schools to those on New York’s Broadway.
Tarzan was amazing and again I am fascinated how the choreographers Meryl Tankard with Aerial Movement by Pinchon Baldinu captured realistic movements of Apes. I am waiting for it to come over to England and I will defiantly see it again. Heres a clip of Tarzan on Broadway

No comments:

Post a Comment