Tuesday 20 October 2009

I Love New York


My best friend Sarah and I went to New York to do dance classes and see Broadway. I was still deciding what I wanted to do with my career. I had been auditioning for some time and had started to think about securing my future and the auditioning process was becoming tiresome and I really wanted to make a new start.
As we were sat in the Minskoff theatre Broadway waiting for the Lion King to start I said to Sarah that I thought I didn’t want to dance anymore and that I would find something new to do and that I wouldn’t miss the stage...........
Well then the show started and they sang the circle of life and the lights went down, as soon as they came up again I was covered in tears. I wasn’t ready to give up dance or the stage.
The opening of the show was so powerful and emotional that it made me want to produce emotional strong choreography. The Lion King is what made me find my love for dance all over again, it made me want to choreograph.



New York was a truly amazing place, it’s busy, vibrant and full of talent. If you get the chance to go then head straight to Times Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment