Saturday 24 October 2009

Make-Up

Yes for all those Ladies and Gentlemen out there that wouldn't dream of leaving the house without your mascara on get a load of this.

http://www.makeupgeek.com/

Marlena, a freelance makeup artist located in Michigan has designed this website for all you make-up lovers. As a dancer i love make-up, it not only gives you a presence but i also like the way make-up can be used to change the way you look, this can be very effective on the stage, take for instance Cats the musical, yes you would know they were cats as the movements are portrayed so well, but would it be as interesting if they didn't actually look like cats?

For others make-up is "isn’t just paint for the face, something to cover blemishes, or even something fun to do" (Marlena) it can be used to power boost for self-esteem.

A brand of make-up Marlena and I like to use is MAC. MAC make-up is well and truly amazing if you like your make-up. I agree it's slightly pricey but believe me whats inside of that wonderful black box is well worth it.
As I'm used to wearing quite a lot of make-up from dancing on the stage I have honestly got to say that MAC always looks the best, stays on the longest and actually lasts longer than I thought. The other best bit about MAC is they have a range of excellent brushes to apply the make-up and a good range of skincare when you want to remove or replenish. Take a look at www.maccosmetics.co.uk for more on MAC.

I thought I would share both these sites with you as make-up for dancers is essential and getting the right make-up and applying it properly is also important.
Marlena has cleverly designed her website to show you how to apply make-up and what brands she likes to use, and believe me she knows her stuff, I found it really interesting to watch her videos as I learned new ways of applying my make-up, i also got some handy tips on applying those must have false lashes. Take a look for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Hi hun, your profile is wicked you jave done so much to it and so much on the kolb cycle which i understand but im not sure what exactly i am meant to show on my profile for this you have done loads on it lol, also hw do you put youtube videos onto your profile because i knw i cnt copy and paste it but thanx you for all your help and suggestions it is helping.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou,yeah i didn't understand it i found it quite confusing so i researched it and posted it for anyone else who found it hard, then i went into further detail about ways people learn because as a dance teacher thats really interesting. You just have to write about when you have your own experience of the cycle, mine will be posted over the weekend. I have commented on your blog about youtube videos you might have to set up a youtube account first but thats easy and it tells you how to do it at the top. Then its a case of copying and pasting it to your post when you are composing. Thanks for the coments look forward to seeing your cycle post xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thanx chick your the only person helping me so a massive thanx u, yours is still looking good girl keep it up.xxx.mwah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! I love this post!! I'm a make up lover too - although I don't think I'm very good at it haha!! I always thought MAC was mega expensive, but looking on the website it's not much different to what I'm using at the moment - I'm a Lancome girl lol! Maybe next time I'll try it out! :D

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou, i know you are as i read your post on nicola roberts and you mentioned her make-up line etc.
    I always thought it was expensive but i find that it lasts.
    It really stays on to, when your hot under the lights on the stage it doesnt run everywhere either.
    Just go to somewhere where they sell it and ask for a makeover and they do it for free so you can test it and see if it's for you!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete