Thursday 8 October 2009

Cloud of Life

Wordle: The Life of Abbi

My mum went on a course recently and told me that she was shown this. They encourage the children in year 9 to type their interests, hobbies and strengths into a document and upload it into http://www.wordle.net/. After viewing the cloud the student can clearly see the things they mention the most related to their strengths and interests. This effective exercise has proved to help some students decide their options at school so they choose the right subjects with their interests and strengths in mind. I think this is very clever. I remember seeing one at the Induction day at Middlesex very briefly but after my mum mentioned it i though I would give it a whirl. I literally copied everything I had written on my first three blogs and copied it into the website. It really shows the words that describe me and my interests and actually come to think of it my life's journey. Try one they look really cool.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Abbi,
    It's not too hard, just follow these steps...!
    1) select the image you want to use and save it
    2) go to NEW POST and click in the box.(Use either the compose or edit html...would recommend the compose as you can view it as a picture rather than just the digits!)
    3) above the wrting box there are selections such as text size, text colour, font size...to the right are some with a little image, hover over these and one says upload image(or something like that)
    4) select this option and go to browse.(You will be able to select the image you previously saved.)
    5) wait then click DONE
    6) the image will appear (if you have already written text into the box, scroll to the top of the box and your image will be there)

    Hope that helps...get in touch if not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the tag cloud site you suggested, it is so much fun. I love it! just annoying how you can't get them bigger - must be part of the copyright. Thanks for the tip, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it is annoying as i wanted mine to fill the page, but i have one saved in my documents so i can keep it and see in a years time what my priorities are then!!
    I checked yours out,i like what you have written from the course day the other week about kolbs cycle do you mind if i use some of it as i was unable to attend??xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive started something yay,i think everyone should do one, ive saved mine as my desktop background xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete